Were NFL games televised the Sunday of JFK's death

Jay Z

Re: Were NFL games televised the Sunday of JFK's death

Post by Jay Z »

Brian wolf wrote:The Bears were three yards and a cloud of dust in 1963. I think the Chargers would have beaten them in a close game, with all their skill positions. A great Bear defense sure but other than the Colts, Vikings, Browns and maybe Eagles, not alot of explosive offensive teams they had to face.
The Browns had Jimmy Brown and Ernie Green, an o-line led be Gene Hickerson. Yes, I think they were better than Lowe/Lincoln/Ron Mix. NFL was still a better league. AFL had no one close to Jimmy Brown's level.

Lance Alworth was great, but there was no secondary receiving threat as good. Rote could still play, had won in the NFL, but honestly was probably NFL average at best by that point. Probably take Frank Ryan over him.

Chargers defense was just nothing special and not top flight NFL caliber at any point.

I would pick the Browns over the Chargers, and the Browns didn't win the NFL.
rhickok1109

Re: Were NFL games televised the Sunday of JFK's death

Post by rhickok1109 »

Brian wolf wrote:The Bears were three yards and a cloud of dust in 1963. I think the Chargers would have beaten them in a close game, with all their skill positions. A great Bear defense sure but other than the Colts, Vikings, Browns and maybe Eagles, not alot of explosive offensive teams they had to face.
If the over/under on Rote INTs in that game was 7, I'd bet the over.