Have the Bears ever worn orange helmets before?

lastcat3

Have the Bears ever worn orange helmets before?

Post by lastcat3 »

During todays game the Bears wore orange jerseys with an orange helmet. I know that they have worn orange jerseys before but they still generally had their regular helmets. Was this the first time they have ever worn orange helmets? Or did they where orange helmets at some point in their history before video or color photos?
Retro Rider

Re: Have the Bears ever worn orange helmets before?

Post by Retro Rider »

lastcat3 wrote:During todays game the Bears wore orange jerseys with an orange helmet. I know that they have worn orange jerseys before but they still generally had their regular helmets. Was this the first time they have ever worn orange helmets? Or did they where orange helmets at some point in their history before video or color photos?
Today marked the second time that they've used orange helmets. The Bears initially wore orange lids on October 13 vs. Washington. The orange helmets are a first for Chicago:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/orang ... -two-games
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

We can expect more retro/multiple design helmets henceforth as the NFL now allows a player to wear more than one helmet per season.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Bears picked a bad time to wear them. The defense was terrible today.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Retro Rider

Post by Retro Rider »

JohnTurney wrote:
1937, too
Thank you John M. and John T. I stand corrected. Don't believe everything you read at BearDigest, yikes!
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

JuggernautJ wrote:We can expect more retro/multiple design helmets henceforth as the NFL now allows a player to wear more than one helmet per season.
Throwbacks I like (many are better than the teams current uni) I really don't understand what teams like Atlanta and Miami are doing wearing far inferior helmets/uniforms when they have better options sitting right there. Cardinals especially look ridiculous...very odd and dated looking uniforms
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

The Texans are wearing red helmets tonight.... which they should switch to permanently. They actually look really good!
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »