Titans vs Steelers game postponed over Covid

lastcat3

Titans vs Steelers game postponed over Covid

Post by lastcat3 »

Looks like the NFL is going to have to go through their first rescheduling because of covid. Reports are that three Titans players and five team personnel tested positive. Plans are to try to reschedule it for Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully this doesn't become to common of occurrence as even if they are still able to get all the games in some teams having seven days to prepare for a new game vs four or five will make a huge difference.
RyanChristiansen

Re: Titans vs Steelers game postponed over Covid

Post by RyanChristiansen »

lastcat3 wrote:some teams having seven days to prepare for a new game vs four or five will make a huge difference.
Not for the Vikings
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I'm actually kind of surprised it took this long. I imagine there will be more incidents like this---seems unavoidable, no matter how hard teams try---but I think the entire season and playoffs will be played. But what a nightmare it we get down to the division title games or the Super Bowl and a team has a breakout.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Could we perhaps be facing the possibility that for the first time since 1935, not all the league's teams will play a uniform number of regular season games?
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Todd Pence wrote:Could we perhaps be facing the possibility that for the first time since 1935, not all the league's teams will play a uniform number of regular season games?
I think the season will be played to completion and a SB winner will be crowned, but yeah, I can definitely see teams playing an uneven number of games. Seems almost a cinch that a game here and there is going to be affected.
Wendell02

Post by Wendell02 »

Channel 5 here in Nashville is reporting that this game will be rescheduled for later in the season due to another player and another person in the Titans organization testing positive. The new game date will be announced "shortly".
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Wendell02 wrote:Channel 5 here in Nashville is reporting that this game will be rescheduled for later in the season due to another player and another person in the Titans organization testing positive. The new game date will be announced "shortly".
They can do that because at this early stage there's still plenty of flex in the calendar. But hoo boy, wait until an outbreak occurs in Week 13 or 16. Will the league reschedule a game between a couple of also-rans as opposed to 2 teams battling for a playoff spot or top seeding? To me, the real worry is the playoffs---and I can honestly see the postseason stretch into late Feb/early March as a result.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Patriots and Chiefs game is now postponed as Cam Newton tested positive. Yeah think the league is going to run into some problems with getting all the games in. It is only going to get worse from here.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

lastcat3 wrote:Patriots and Chiefs game is now postponed as Cam Newton tested positive. Yeah think the league is going to run into some problems with getting all the games in. It is only going to get worse from here.
Unequal game count will create chaos I'm playoff qualification. I'm assuming the league will do some expanded 1982 playoff schedule to make up for it. It will get us around the depressing fact that we could have a 6 or 7 win NFC East team in the playoffs.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

NFL considering creating a Week 18 to make up for postponements, with the Super Bowl coming only one week after conference championships. Of course, if this gets out of hand, all bets are off.