Game books update

Lee Elder

Re: Game books update

Post by Lee Elder »

I want to add my thanks and reinforce the importance by asking for your email address. You can email it to speedylee@sprynet.com.

Thanks!

Lee Elder
Ken Pullis

Post by Ken Pullis »

Rupert,

Do you have a time table for when those Rams play-by-plays/gamebooks will be on the website? You have made an incredible contribution to pro football research!
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Ken Pullis wrote:Rupert,

Do you have a time table for when those Rams play-by-plays/gamebooks will be on the website? You have made an incredible contribution to pro football research!
I've processed them and am uploading them to Dropbox as we speak. Once they are all up there I will contact Ken Crippen about having him upload them all.

And no thanks to me, thank the guy who sent them to me. I've spoken to others and we believe there might have been a misunderstanding about the fire and the Rams archives. I will talk to this guy and find out when he got all of these game books, and when the Rams get to their new stadium and get their archives settled, find out what their game book situation is.

The Rams game books also included Pro Bowl game books for 1956-70 except for 1969, so those will also be going up on the site soon.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Rupert Patrick wrote:The game books update for October is that we got some big news - I was contacted by a fellow who sent me the Rams game books from 1937-99. He doesn't have all of them from 1937-59, but he has all of them from 1960-99 except for the 1971 and 1972 seasons. For 1937-49 or so, the ones he has are mostly Rams versus Packers games, but now we've got a lot of them for the 1950's. This unnamed gentleman runs a football stats website and recently joined here and saw what we were putting together with the game books and wanted to help, and I'm sure he will be able to help us more but he started with the Rams.
great news, excellent. Great work. It's great that someone had them . . . thanks the unnamed gentleman
Nashwolverine

Post by Nashwolverine »

That's really good news about the Rams info. Really hoping there is something from 1940 in there.

Thanks again for your efforts!
CraigRye

Post by CraigRye »

Hi Rupert, I'm a new member of the PFRA, but have been working on Dolphins gamebooks for a few years. I have a few updates to the ones you hold if you want to message me. Craig
CraigRye

Post by CraigRye »

Hi Rupert,

I got you PM but I can't reply for some reason (I've only just joined the forum). If you want to PM me your email address I'll let you have the details etc.

But just to let you know there are a number up to about 1974 where either I have a either a better version or have amalgamated the odd page that is better quality.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

I have a major announcement on the game books, I have just received them but have not really gone thru them yet, but I have the score sheet documents for the Colts from 1953-96, and am waiting to hear back from them on the game books. The guy I talked to at the Colts didn't seem to understand what I meant by game books and put all of these in a file for me, and thanked him profusely and attached a Colts game book in the reply and said these were what I was really seeking. I don't know if every one of the score sheets are there, but I opened the 1955 folder and there are 12 score sheets in there although they are attached in a single pdf for each season, but there is starting roster and substitution information, and everything else, and it's all hand-written primary documents. This is the biggest collection of score sheets I have ever seen, and I have never before seen one team hold onto all of them like this.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JWL

Post by JWL »

Thank you, Rupert. It will be interesting to see the 1958 Colts game books especially for those of us who worked on the book.
cp2k

Post by cp2k »

I am new here, but just wanted to echo others and say thank you for all the great work. Being a Panthers fan I have it better than most in that because the team is so young most of the history is readily available. That having been said however, I did start perusing the Gamebooks in the Members area today and noticed that I have at least one Gamebook that seems to be "Missing" from the 1995 .zip file- their late season game against the Washington Redskins. I'm still comparing what I have to the other seasons. When I was in college I did some freelance sports writing for a local newspaper and started my own collection of "Gamebook" downloads during that time. Years later I filled in the "holes" using the NFL GSIS system and by contacting the Panthers and the opposing teams of games I was "missing". Ironically the Panthers never responded to any of my inquiries, but the Redskins, Falcons, and a few other teams did. I *believe* my set is complete now, but I'm going to compare it to what is in the Members area for completeness, quality, etc.