Julian Edelman... HoF?

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
74_75_78_79_

Re: Julian Edelman... HoF?

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

I was beginning to maybe start seeing Edelman and Lynn Swann in a comparable light. You know, the famous Super Bowl plays both made. Ed has three years on Swanny. But then I did, indeed, see that he never had even one PB or AP and that sure does have to knock all air out of his Canton chances (a shame, he and Danny Woodhead and, last but not least, their "Mean Joe" Willie McGinest may very well be my three favorite B&B Patriots). Like Reaser said, a "football player" before being a WR even though he was still a "true"-WR. Kind of like what Joe Kapp was to the QB position. "True"-QB, yes, but a "football player" even more-so!
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Racepug, I hope you read Talkoffamenetwork on si/maven.com ... great writers with Clark Judge, Ron Borges and Rick Gosselin. Great articles, comments and state your cases on past and current players for both the HOVG and HOF ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Best Players to never make Pro Bowl or All-Pro

1) Plunkett
2) Kolb
3) Jeffcoat
4) Toomer/Colston
6) Fletcher
7) Burress
8) Dansby
9) Edelman
10) Galloway

Thurston, Riley, Pugh and others made All-Pro without Pro Bowls I believe. If I missed on players, please list them. Very interesting subject ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Wow ... offensive linemen Don Macek and Glenn Ressler never made the pro-bowl/all-pro ?

Will have to do more research and revise my list, haha ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Other players without PB/AP accolades

Thurman, Shinnick, Grogan, Jacobs, Otis Smith, Curtis Johnson, Shields, Mansfield, Aaron Brown, Ayers, Bennie McRae, Soloman, Robert Brooks, Siragusa, Wally Hilgenberg, Geathers, Pellington ... and on ...
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:I was beginning to maybe start seeing Edelman and Lynn Swann in a comparable light. You know, the famous Super Bowl plays both made.
Swann was arguably the best WR of his generation...Edelman wasn't.