Wesley Walker and Stanley Morgan

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Gary Najman

Wesley Walker and Stanley Morgan

Post by Gary Najman »

These two WRs were two of my favorite players growing up. It's amazing the career yards per reception they had. I have vote for Morgan for the HOVG, but I think both belong. Thoughts?
JuggernautJ

Re: Wesley Walker and Stanley Morgan

Post by JuggernautJ »

Interestingly, Walker led the NFL in yards per reception in 1977 & 78.
Then Morgan leads in the same category from 1979-81.
Both averaged over 19 yards per catch over their long careers.

Depending on the competition I could see myself voting for either of them for HoVG.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... rgSt00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... lkWe00.htm
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Teo wrote:These two WRs were two of my favorite players growing up. It's amazing the career yards per reception they had. I have vote for Morgan for the HOVG, but I think both belong. Thoughts?
Morgan was the dominant WR in my 1986 Avalon Hill NFL computer game. He put up some incredible numbers on a team with the worst rushing attack of any post WWII team. That was kind of an outlier season for Morgan, as Tony Eason had injury problems the next two seasons and then Morgan lost his speed and was out of the league. To me, it was remarkable how Morgan would always average 22 yards per catch regardless of which mediocre Patriots QB was throwing him the football. There was a game early in 1979 where the Pats destroyed the Jets 56-3, and Morgan and Harold Jackson had a combined statline of something like 6-250-5 TDs. Its hard to put up those kind of numbers in Madden, much less the NFL.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

Morgan is a finalist for the 2020 HOVG class.

Don't forget to vote!
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I think both of them deserve to be in.
They both could drop passes but ultimate deep threats.
I liked Walker better because he really only had one good eye !