Frank Gore - HOfer?

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
conace21

Re: Frank Gore - HOfer?

Post by conace21 »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:
rebelx24 wrote:I didn’t realize until doing this analysis just how generally ineffective Anderson was over the second half of his career, which makes his playing as long as he did rather mystifying; was he really that special as a goal-line/short-yardage back?).
I don't think Anderson was ineffective with the Giants. He fit really well in that offense. One of the announcers had a funny comment in the SB against the Bills - something to the effect of the Bills playing hurry-up all game and the Giants trying to run out the clock from the first play.

Gore went for 100 yards yesterday - wonder if he was the oldest to do so. Going over 15K yards puts him pretty close to passing Barry Sanders.
MacArthur Lane is the oldest to hit 100 yards. He is about 2 months older than Gore. John Riggins was also 36 when he had three 100 yard games in four weeks, shortly before giving way to George Rodgers for the rest of the year.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Interesting article posted yesterday over at Football Perspective...

http://www.footballperspective.com/fran ... emarkable/
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

Thanks for the info - never heard of Lane and I didn't recall Riggins played that long.

The comments section of the article is interesting. Not sure about the Dorsett comparison. I find myself asking - "who would you rather have?". Also, 700+ yards the year of the strike was actually a very good season - I don't think that was considered.
JWL

Post by JWL »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:Thanks for the info - never heard of Lane and I didn't recall Riggins played that long.
Lane, Riggins, and John Henry Johnson gained more rushing yards in their 30s than in their 20s.