Favorite OL that never got a single accolade???

Ness

Re: Favorite OL that never got a single accolade???

Post by Ness »

Shame on me as I completely blanked out on former 49er Derrick Deese. He came along in 1992 undrafted, and after a couple of years started at guard playing practically the entire season winning a Super Bowl in the process. Over the next decade he was a fixture on the line at left tackle. Good player.
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Ness wrote:
Another guy I think should have gone at least once for sure was C Brad Meester for the Jacksonville Jaguars. If he had played in another city, on a winning team I think he gets more praise. Liked him as a player.
Meester … 209 games, 209 starts.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Tom Rafferty, center/guard for the Cowboys from 1976-1989, and Keith Van Horne, tackle for the Bears from 1981-1993.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Jim Sweeney. Gave the Jets 11 very solid seasons between 1984 and 1994. Played both tackle and guard, and then finally center and excelled quite well at it. Went on to finish his career in Seattle and Pitt mostly in a backup role due to his age. Unfortunately he was never going to be picked to a Pro Bowl with guys like Stephenson, Kent Hull and Donaldson in the same conference (division actually). Thought he did a really nice job for a long stretch

Between 1985-1995 the only starts Sweeney missed were the 1987 scab games. 172 possible games, 172 starts
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Steve August, Seahawks.