Golden Rankings site?

74_75_78_79_

Golden Rankings site?

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

It’s a site I just stumbled across. Sure-enough at least most of you heard of it, but if not, thought I pass it along!

Saints/LSU football-centric, it seems, but has generous summaries of each and every NFL League Championship Game from ’33-thru-’65 (but not ’66-thru-’69), all four AAFC League Championship Games, and all AFL League Championship Games from ’60-thru-’64 (but not the following ones). Only the first 19 SBs are summarized but an article on Giants/Denver ’86 is available elsewhere.

In addition to the gridiron, various articles on baseball and basketball as well! And not just obvious topics. For example, back to football, a summary of the Eagles/Saints ’92 Wild Card clash is laid out. It said something I never heard - that what got the Eagles hot pre-game was one of the Superdome fans holding up a sign about Jerome which read that he, “was an Eagle, now a Saint”.

They show a Bum Phillips quote after his Saints get blasted by Atlanta, “The film looks suspiciously like the game itself.”

Seems like a fun site to dig into. I spotted an article on NO’s 1987 campaign that I surely plan to read!
Last edited by 74_75_78_79_ on Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
7DnBrnc53

Re: Golden Rankings site?

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:It’s a site I just stumbled across. Sure-enough at least most of you heard of it, but if not, thought I pass it along!

Saints/LSU football-centric, it seems, but has generous summaries of each and every NFL League Championship Game from ’33-thru-’65 (but not ’66-thru-’69), all four AAFC League Championship Games, and all AFL League Championship Games from ’60-thru-’64 (but not the following ones). Only the first 19 SBs are summarized but an article on Giants/Denver ’86 is available elsewhere.

In addition to baseball and basketball, various articles on a variety of sports topics. And not just obvious ones. Back to football, a summary of the Eagles/Saints ’92 Wild Card clash is laid out. It said something I never heard - that what got the Eagles hot pre-game was one of the Superdome fans holding up a sign about Jerome which read that he, “was an Eagle, now a Saint”.

They show a Bum Phillips quote after his Saints get blasted by Atlanta, “The film looks suspiciously like the game itself.”

Seems like a fun site to dig into. I spotted an article on NO’s 1987 campaign that I surely plan to read!
Yeah, I have seen that site as well. I liked reading the articles on the Super Bowls, and the Saints history.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Also, Football History Dude a quite educational site as well that I know some of you here have already mentioned - and that at least one of you has written great articles at!
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Under the ownership of John Mecom, wasnt much of a history ... I read in Hank Stram's biography that he threatened to punch the drunk owner out after berating the team on a flight ... He fired Stram despite Hank never having a healthy Manning to change the losing ways ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Mecom should have stuck to auto racing.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

I like that site quite a bit. Especially for pre-Super Bowl championship game info.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
John Grasso

Post by John Grasso »

As many of you probably know, the Golden Rankings site is a product of PFRA member Neal Golden (moderator of the Quiz Bowl at the last two PFRA conventions).
He's based in New Orleans thus the emphasis on the Saints and LSU.