Definitive College All-Stars vs. Pro game list?

65 toss power trap

Definitive College All-Stars vs. Pro game list?

Post by 65 toss power trap »

I am looking to compile the postseason officiating assignments, and I decided to expand the scope to include the Chicago All-Star Game. Oh, and yeah, there was the New York All-Star Game in the 1930s and 1940s. However, like a low-quality infomercial will tell you, "but that's not all."

In 1939, there were 8 of these games of varying quality: https://www.profootballresearchers.org/ ... 05-996.pdf

I think they all fizzled out once the war started, with the NY hanging on a bit longer, and of course the Chicago game continued to its 1976 ignominious end.

So the question is, do we have a definitive list of the years of these random All-Star games? I realize there are probably several barnstorming operations that might marginally be considered, so I guess there will always be a strain on what's "definitive." I suppose if it follows the general contours of the Chicago game, then it's inclusive, but I'm not looking to limit anyone's interpretation.
Jay Z

Re: Definitive College All-Stars vs. Pro game list?

Post by Jay Z »

I would start with profootballarchives. Preseason games for each team are listed, including games against non-league teams.
65 toss power trap

Ah! On each team's season page. Many thanks!
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

If you need the officiating crews for the College All-Star Games from 1969 to 1975 I have some of them.
65 toss power trap

RRMarshall wrote:If you need the officiating crews for the College All-Star Games from 1969 to 1975 I have some of them.
Thanks. That will fill in a few gaps.