Starts today: Fan-Controlled Football League

lastcat3

Re: Starts today: Fan-Controlled Football League

Post by lastcat3 »

How long do you think this ridiculous idea of a league is going to last? Think they will play a week 2?
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

lastcat3 wrote:How long do you think this ridiculous idea of a league is going to last? Think they will play a week 2?
Probably when they announce that overtime games will be settled by hotdog eating contests. But not until then.
RyanChristiansen

Post by RyanChristiansen »

lastcat3 wrote:How long do you think this ridiculous idea of a league is going to last? Think they will play a week 2?
They have quite a few sponsors, if that means anything. They were asking viewers to financially invest in the teams last night. Here’s the link for the Beasts.

https://republic.co/fcf-beasts

There were about 30,000 viewers on for the Manziel game.
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
RyanChristiansen

At least one college is advertising the fact one of its players is in the Fan Controlled Football League. (St. John's in Collegeville, Minnesota, where Johnny "Blood" McNally coached for three seasons 1950-1952.)
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (115.84 KiB) Viewed 17625 times
Meanwhile, the Sporting News delivered a positive review of the league's first week:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... bvcnfiq4bk
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
RyanChristiansen

Update: Joe Montana is now an investor and advisor. Dalvin Cook is now a co-owner of a team. All four teams reached their fan investment quotas. Josh Gordon joins the Zappers next week.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I have no skin in the game, so I wish them all the best. But I have to wonder: How many years before this league becomes the subject of Coffin Corner articles?
RyanChristiansen

RichardBak wrote:I have no skin in the game, so I wish them all the best. But I have to wonder: How many years before this league becomes the subject of Coffin Corner articles?
I think the individuals involved are more interesting than the league itself.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

RichardBak wrote:I have no skin in the game, so I wish them all the best. But I have to wonder: How many years before this league becomes the subject of Coffin Corner articles?
25 years after they play their last game?

I would like to give this a try but if it isn't on one of the 400 TV channels I get I guess I am not going to see it.
Yeah... I am old and old fashioned...
RyanChristiansen

100 years from now somebody will be grateful that I collected all of the game summaries and scorebooks for the 2021 Fan Controlled Football League season.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aigpoz3jzOLFl5dvjOz ... g?e=jypHNx
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

100 years from now Joe Namath will still be pitching Medicare Advantage plans on cable.