Where next, Matthew Stafford?

RichardBak

Where next, Matthew Stafford?

Post by RichardBak »

After 12 seasons as the Lions' beleaguered but at time brilliant QB, the club is willing to accommodate Matthew Stafford's request for a trade. At 32, and in his prime, he wants no part of a rebuild program under Detroit's new GM/HC duo. So, what's the best fit for this gritty guy, who I personally would love to see win a ring somewhere? Washington? The new GM there, Martin Mayhew, originally drafted Stafford #1 overall. Maybe the Colts since Rivers has retired. NE isn't enamored with Cam Newton.
74_75_78_79_

Re: Where next, Matthew Stafford?

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

If Big Ben calls it quits...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Stafford fits with the Patriots, Falcons, or Colts. I still wonder if Belichick would try to persuade the Colts for Luck's rights, if he came back to play ?
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:If Big Ben calls it quits...
I'd love to see Stafford in Pittsburgh. He'd fit right in--he's a tough guy who plays hurt--but really, I think he'd blossom in any organization with a winning culture. So maybe NE. Geography could play a role, as Pitt and NE are cold-weather towns and Stafford and wife supposedly prefer a warm-weather city. Stafford grew up down South and played at Georgia, so maybe Atlanta?? Lions should get at least a first-round pick in any deal.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Would Jerry Jones pull the trigger for Stafford ? Do the Cowboys have the cap space ? How much value does Prescott have, coming back from a bad injury ? Could they trade Elliott to the Lions ?
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I think it would be great to see Stat Padford in New England. I think if he went to a team like Washington or even Dallas, it would be like changing cabins in the Titanic.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Stat Padford? I dunno, 282 TDP, 31 4Q comebacks, and 38 game-winning drives in the equivalent of 10 full seasons (165 games) is doing a bit more than tossing little dunkers. Still love to see him in Pittsburgh (if Big Ben would cooperate and retire).
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

Belichick won't pony up the $20+ million for him. Plus with the Pats so devoid of skill players it wouldn't be tops on Stafford's list either. My thought is Indy to replace the retired Phillip Rivers where he would have more to work with immediately.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Big Ben is willing to restructure his deal if the team will let him, doubt they cut him ...
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

RichardBak wrote:Stat Padford? I dunno, 282 TDP, 31 4Q comebacks, and 38 game-winning drives in the equivalent of 10 full seasons (165 games) is doing a bit more than tossing little dunkers.
I don't claim the nickname to be accurate, but I think its funny nonetheless.