I didn't know he played for them.....

Oszuscik

Re: I didn't know he played for them.....

Post by Oszuscik »

Marks Brother Mark Clayton... Packers
Devin Hester... Seahawks
Jim McMahon... Packers
Steve McMichael... Packers
Torry Holt... Jaguars
Eddie George... Cowboys
Jeff George... Seahawks
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

Oszuscik wrote:Marks Brother Mark Clayton... Packers
Devin Hester... Seahawks
Jim McMahon... Packers
Steve McMichael... Packers
Torry Holt... Jaguars
Eddie George... Cowboys
Jeff George... Seahawks
With the Pack, Clayton tried, but was just a receiver. McMahon won a Super Bowl ring, but never played because Favre. McMichael was cashing a paycheck, no effort.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Curly Culp finished with a cup of coffee with the Lions.

Tommy Hart finished with the Saints.

I also expect most don't recall Reggie Whites season with the Panthers.

Stan Jones with Washington in 1966.

I always remember Bill George with the Rams as he was surprisingly effective though I'd imagine few do. Which raises an interesting question, who was most effective in a final season on a different club. Phillip Rivers this year could be a candidate.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I thought Alan Page was still good his final season with the Bears.

After being blackballed by Modell and the Browns, Bernie Parrish finished with the Oilers in the AFL. I have advocated for his induction into the HOF as a contributor for player rights.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Leon Gray and Bob Young played well with the Oilers. Grey got hurt with the Saints and Young is underrated in my view. He could maul people.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Curly Culp finished with a cup of coffee with the Lions.
Gene Washington (ex-49er WR) also finished with the Lions in 1979 after Joe Thomas cut him and Jim Plunkett.
I thought Alan Page was still good his final season with the Bears.
He was. I still vividly remember him helping knock Denver out of the playoffs in his final game.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Its still hard to believe that Wayne and Chad Johnson didnt do more with the Patriots. They didnt keep Brandin Cooks long either ...

Basically going from team to team, Is Jimmy Graham a HOF player ?
Eagles One

Post by Eagles One »

Dan Pastorini, three games as a backup with the Eagles in 1983. 0-5 passing attempts.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

Here's an oldie but a goodie: Ed Brown, Colts.

I remember this one from the Punt, Pass, and Kick books. Brown spent over a decade with the Bears and Steelers, mostly starting. In 1965, the Colts were making a playoff push when Johnny Unitas and Gary Cuozzo both were hurt. The Colts did have a third QB, George Harold I believe, on their taxi squad, but by rule at the time taxi squad players could not be activated in the last two weeks of a season. (This rule would be changed in a couple years.)

The Colts obtained Ed Brown on waivers from the Steelers. The Steelers were going nowhere, 2-12 for the season. The Steelers waived Ed Brown before their last game so they could activate LB Bob Schmitz. Brown was the third string QB by this time, the Steelers had Bill Nelsen backed by Tommy Wade. Brown had not played well, 7 for 18 with 5 INT, though Wade had 17 INT in only 66 attempts! Anyway, the Colts picked up Brown.

Tom Matte started at QB against the Rams in LA. He rushed for 99 yards, but was 0 for 2 passing. Brown played here and there. They would sub him in for a play or two per the gamebook. Brown was 3 for 5 for 81 yards and a TD to John Mackey in a game the Colts won 20 to 17. Since Matte didn't complete any passes, I feel safe to say the Colts don't win that game or make the playoff against the Packers without Brown. That part was not in my Punt Pass and Kick book.

The timing of the Steelers waiving Brown seems a little suspicious in retrospect. Seems like a deal was probably cut.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I still dont understand why Brown wasnt eligible against GB in the playoff game ?