I didn't know he played for them.....

Bryan

Re: I didn't know he played for them.....

Post by Bryan »

Gene Washington came back to the NFL for a final season with the Detroit Lions after spending his career as a Niner. He started 13 games and had only 14 receptions.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Greg Landry with the 1984 Bears after two good seasons in the USFL. He even started one game.

Former BIlls safety and future official) Steve Freeman and former Bears defensive end Mark Hartenstine with the 1987 Vikings.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I was happy when Mike Hartenstine got a ring with the Bears. He always came hard after the QB even though I thought his sack numbers were higher. On those teams it was always a gang rush to the QB, which Buddy Ryan believed in ... He also looked sort like a bigger Jack Lambert.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Jack Del Rio - Chiefs...and totally forgot that ugly incident he was involved in

Randy Moss - Titans

Eric Dickerson - Falcons
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I remember vividly Moss with the Titans and then the Vikings again. He never ran routes full-speed, mostly jogging and acting like he didnt care ... both teams cut him.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

Brian wolf wrote:I remember vividly Moss with the Titans and then the Vikings again. He never ran routes full-speed, mostly jogging and acting like he didnt care ... both teams cut him.
Other way around, actually. The Patriots traded Moss to the Vikings early in 2010. He played 4 or 5 games for them, often looking quite disinterested, before getting cut. Tennessee claimed him on waivers and he finished the season there... often looking extremely disinterested.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Nick Lowery started his long career in 1978 with the Patriots. I remember him in a then-rare Sunday Night game against the Raiders, and he was called back then Dom or Dominic, not Nick. He only played two games in New England filling for an injured John Smith, then missed all of 1979 before beating Jan Stenerud for the Chiefs job in 1980.

I also remember Roy Gerela in 1979 with the Chargers filling for an injured Rolf Benirschke. Gerela and Mark Moseley also played early in their their careers with the Houston Oilers.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

In 1990 Joe Ferguson and Stanley Morgan ended their respective long careers playing for the Indianapolis Colts. Ferguson then came out from retiurment to play with the CFL´s San Antonio Texans in their only season.
single wing

Post by single wing »

Didn't see him mentioned. QB Bert Jones of Baltimore Colts closed his career with 4 starts for the LA Rams.
vikingsfan1963

Post by vikingsfan1963 »

Ken Willard with the Cardinals