Roethlisberger for the HOF?

Jay Z

Re: Roethlisberger for the HOF?

Post by Jay Z »

Brian wolf wrote:Some people feel they're enough QBs already in the HOF.
With P Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers being locks, what about Rothlisberger, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, not to mention possibly Wilson and Mahomes in the future ?

Does River get in after possibly all these players ?
Does he deserve to get in over Ken Anderson, Phil Simms or Donovan McNabb ?
FootballOutsiders has some stats that show Rivers is very poor in late game two minutes scenarios. He failed again there in his most recent playoff game. Those metrics are not a go to for me, but in definitive cases I pay attention to them. You need to be a 12 play 90 yard drive guy like Montana or a big play guy like Rodgers. Rivers is a compiler who can't turn it up in the clutch. No on Rivers from me.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

With P Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers being locks, what about Rothlisberger, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, not to mention possibly Wilson and Mahomes in the future ?

I think there are more than enough QBs already. I also think there are too many contributors.

People who have read my posts over the years are probably very aware that I'm a small hall guy. If I were made czar of the HOF, I'd remove somewhere between 30 and 50 inductees and add maybe 3 or 4.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I'm not pushing for Rivers to get into the HOF, but disregarding metrics/stats and judging the QBs from a purely subjective standpoint, IMO Rivers was clearly better than guys like Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, Donovan McNabb, and Phil Simms. He was simply a better passer. I think Warren Moon was the most accurate comp for Rivers.