Looking for 1991 WLAF game books

Dusty Sloan

Looking for 1991 WLAF game books

Post by Dusty Sloan »

Good morning everyone, and Merry Christmas!

The 30th anniversary of the first World League of American Football season is coming up this spring. I have sucked the Hall of Fame archives dry of what they have - does anyone have 1991 WLAF game books? I am looking to put together a document for the season with stats/transactions/records/participation/etc.

Thanks!
Dusty Sloan

Re: Looking for 1991 WLAF game books

Post by Dusty Sloan »

With the information I have, I put together a document on the 1991 WLAF season here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19yv-gg ... sp=sharing

If anyone has 1992 WLAF game books, I will be moving on to the next season, looking to do the same thing!
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Thanks, look forward to downloading this on Monday, and hope you do 1992, as well.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Had a chance to d/l this and skim through it tonight. Excellent work, Dusty.

Added convenience to having to pull out media guides, programs and the fact book.

Got my vote for doing the 1992 season -my favorite season- particularly for each teams week-to-week roster moves.

Then we'll just need someone to get a copy of the Galaxy-Glory game so I can finally watch that instead of just seeing the highlight of the winning FG during & on my VHS copy of the Monarchs@Knights game that I recorded when I was 8 years old.
Dusty Sloan

Post by Dusty Sloan »

Thanks, Reaser! Looking forward to doing 1992, but it's going to take more work, research and help from others - and we are back to live games at the university, so doing it will take longer, as well.
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

Thank you Dusty.

Could you add the Raleigh-Durham stat page? It's missing from the file.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

TodMaher wrote:Thank you Dusty.

Could you add the Raleigh-Durham stat page? It's missing from the file.
There wasn't a Raleigh-Durham stat page in the "1992 World League Fact Book" that I assume (looks the same as what I have) he copied into his document.

Since Ohio 'replaced' them, it had Ohio information in the team pages section.

Their individual player stats will/would have to be typed up.
Dusty Sloan

Post by Dusty Sloan »

Correct. That's why I added the overall league stats section so R-D's stats would still be in the document. In the 1992 document I am doing, I will need to recreate those team pages, since obviously, there was no 1993 guide, and the 1995 guide had league stats, not stats by team, since only 3 returned.
Massimo Foglio

Post by Massimo Foglio »

Impressive Job, Dusty.
I have a question on Fire's roster. I knew that 2 italian players (Paolo Mutti and Sergio VIssa) spent the whole season on Birmingham's roster, but i see there was a third italian player: Pepe Moscatelli. His correct name was Pierluigi, nicknamed Pippi (and not Pepe). Anyway, i wasn't aware that also Moscatelli was selected for the Fire, although i see in the notes that he didn't report to camp? Is this correct?
Dusty Sloan

Post by Dusty Sloan »

Correct! There were a handful of original Operation Discovery players who didn't make it for whatever various reasons. Then, in 1992, they were just on the four non-American teams. When the league came back in 1995, the terminology changed to "National" players.