The pick is in: Bill Nunn

JohnTurney

The pick is in: Bill Nunn

Post by JohnTurney »

kind of predictable
Gary Najman

Re: The pick is in: Bill Nunn

Post by Gary Najman »

It's a shame that (again) they neglect Art McNally.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

This is a head scratcher. Impressive resume though... for a scouting Hall of Fame maybe.
Oszuscik

Post by Oszuscik »

Anyone see the video posted to nfl.com of David Baker calling Nunn's daughter to give her the news? I know everyone here loves the publicity Baker gives himself ;)
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Interesting selection. I remember a discussion about greatest drafts ever, and someone mentioned one of Bill Walsh's drafts. Paul Zimmerman responded with something like "that draft produced 0 Hall of Famers, Pittsburgh's produced 4". I wonder if Art Rooney Jr. will ever get considered as well.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Bryan wrote:Interesting selection. I remember a discussion about greatest drafts ever, and someone mentioned one of Bill Walsh's drafts. Paul Zimmerman responded with something like "that draft produced 0 Hall of Famers, Pittsburgh's produced 4". I wonder if Art Rooney Jr. will ever get considered as well.
They probably mentioned Walsh because the media worshipped the 80's and 90's 49ers. Walsh's 1986 draft always seems to get considered as the best ever. It produced one HOFer in Haley, and a bunch of players that fit Walsh's system.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

I think Nunn is one of those valuable contributors. It was only a matter of time before he was a finalist.
JWL

Post by JWL »

Teo wrote:It's a shame that (again) they neglect Art McNally.

If somebody can come up with a Steelers angle, I'm sure we can get him in. Maybe he did more Steelers games than anybody else?
PigskinDispatch

Post by PigskinDispatch »

Bill Nunn is very deserving. Just look at the Steelers 1974 Draft class. The first two picks were Swann and Lambert. The third was John Stallworth, from the obscure Alabama A&M. Not many scouts even had the small African-American colleges on their radar. Bill Nunn did, and spent good time scouting these smaller southern schools for prospects. Pittsburgh later picked Mike Webster and then the Free Agent signing of Donnie Shell from South Carolina State! He was a BIG part of this 1974 Rookie class coming to Pittsburgh and look at the Hall of Fame players on this list. And that is just one draft class!! He did the hard work on research and looking into the people and places no one else was looking at. His hard work started a trend that all other teams started to follow once they saw the payoff. HOF Contributor, Yes sir, very deserving!