Login issue

Todd Pence

Login issue

Post by Todd Pence »

I've been having the problem of having to log in (typing my username and password every time I log in) every single time I return to this site, even though I make it a point to click the "log me in automatically each visit" box on each visit. It's a minor annoyance. Anyone else having issues with this?
ChrisBabcock

Re: Login issue

Post by ChrisBabcock »

No, no problems here. Are you using s new browser that may have the history settings set to "clear" every time you close out?
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Todd Pence wrote:I've been having the problem of having to log in (typing my username and password every time I log in) every single time I return to this site, even though I make it a point to click the "log me in automatically each visit" box on each visit. It's a minor annoyance. Anyone else having issues with this?
Same issue, both on an iPad (Safari) and a Mac (also Safari). Been working fine with both for months (or longer) until two or three days ago. Now I need to log in each time I visit the forum, even if the browser was never closed (tab closed, but session not closed).
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
JWL

Post by JWL »

Todd Pence wrote:I've been having the problem of having to log in (typing my username and password every time I log in) every single time I return to this site, even though I make it a point to click the "log me in automatically each visit" box on each visit. It's a minor annoyance. Anyone else having issues with this?
No issues for me. I have checked this site at work yesterday, my phone today and now my home computer.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

The "log in automatically" feature has never worked for me.
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

It used to work for me, but I got a new computer a couple of months ago and it won't log me in automatically any more. I figure it's some little flaw in the way this machine connects with the site. And it's no big deal, anyway.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

It technically doesn't work for me. However all I have to do is start typing in my username and then it automatically pulls up my full username and password. Probably should be looked at though because technically it should automatically log you in if you selected it to do so.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

I have tried it on different browsers, multiple devices and laptops and the "remember me" feature doesn't work on any one.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

lastcat3 wrote:It technically doesn't work for me. However all I have to do is start typing in my username and then it automatically pulls up my full username and password. Probably should be looked at though because technically it should automatically log you in if you selected it to do so.
That's undoubtedly because your browser saved the info. It has nothing to do with the site.