Brady in TB, Rivers in Indianapolis

Gary Najman

Brady in TB, Rivers in Indianapolis

Post by Gary Najman »

I'm amazed that noboy is talking about Tom Brady leaving the Patriots and Phillip Rivers leaving the Chargers. It will be interesting if these QBs with their new teams will turn out to be like Peyton Manning with Denver, Joe Montana with Kansas City (AFC Championship) and Brett Favre with Minnesota (NFC Championship), or Johnny Unitas with San Diego and Joe Namath with the Rams. Thoughts?
7DnBrnc53

Re: Brady in TB, Rivers in Indianapolis

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Brady has weapons in place in Tampa (Mike Evans, O.J. Howard, Chris Godwin, Cameron Brate), but if they don't fix the O-line, he will struggle somewhat. Also, someone on another site said that Brady and Arians aren't a good marriage (Arians likes to throw downfield, and Brady is a dink and dunk QB who really can't throw deep accurately anymore with any consistency).

As for Rivers, he has a better O-line in Indy, but he was fading last year. I wouldn't be surprised if they took Jordan Love in Round 2. I think that this will be his last year in the league.
sluggermatt15

Re: Brady in TB, Rivers in Indianapolis

Post by sluggermatt15 »

I think it was a foregone conclusion Rivers was going to leave LA, just a matter of where he would go next. Brady's fate was more up in the air, but as time went on, it looked more like he would leave New England, and that was what happened.