WNY PFRA Conference - April 2020

JeffreyMiller

WNY PFRA Conference - April 2020

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Just a reminder that the WNY PFRA Chapter Conference is being held Sat Apr 18 in Hamburg, NY. This will be our fifth annual gathering! As of this writing, we have confirmed the following speakers:

Mark Speck - noted author and authority on the World Football League, will speak about his books including "Nothing but a Brand-New Set of Flat Tires."
Budd Bailey - author and columnist, will speak about his many books, including "Today in Buffalo Sports History: 366 Days of Milestones."
John Vorperian - host of the terrific cable television program Beyond the Game, will speak about some of his favorite guests.
Bob Schmidt - retired professional football player who spent time with the New York Giants, Houston Oilers, Buffalo Bills, Boston Patriots. He was a three-time All-AFL selection and a member of the 1961 AFL Champion Oilers.
George Bozeka - Assistant Executive Director of the PFRA, will give the annual "State of the PFRA" address, and bring us up to speed on the association's forthcoming publication on the 1951 Los Angeles Rams and also this year's convention in Canton.
We will also have our usual film session (with pizza!) after the gathering.

I plan to add a couple more speakers, so it should be a fun and educational event! If you are interested in attending or getting more information, please shoot me an email at Rockpile6465@gmail.com
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
ChrisBabcock

Re: WNY PFRA Conference - April 2020

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I should be there! (should - as of now)
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Yer killing me, Babcock ... killing me!!
Last edited by JeffreyMiller on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

:P