Rupert Patrick

TodMaher

Re: Rupert Patrick

Post by TodMaher »

Very sad news.
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Ken Pullis wrote:I offer my condolences as well, Rupert had become an email friend over the last two years as we shared interests in field goal distances and gamebooks. He had become our greatest resource for pre-1970 gamebooks and play-by-plays. I was really looking forward to seeing him this summer. Coincidentally I lost my wife to cancer on the same day, two weeks ago.
Very sorry to hear of this, Ken.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

Since joining the board I became very impressed with his depth of knowledge. I e-mailed him once about a small detail in my research and he replied almost immediately with the answer. This is a terrible loss for the football research community. My sincere condolences to his family.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

I am very saddened by this. Rupert was one of the first members of the PFRA (outside of NY) I met personally. We first met in 2010. Prior to that time, I knew everyone outside of the WNY area through this forum or by email or some social media.

He had a passion and a depth of knowledge that were awe-inspiring. I would love to see his book finished and as a tribute. Do we know if he finished his manuscript?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

A good man who will be missed, not only for his depth of knowledge, but his camaraderie. :cry:
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

JeffreyMiller wrote: I would love to see his book finished and as a tribute. Do we know if he finished his manuscript?
McFarland has his manuscript.
Football Learning Academy: https://www.football-learning-academy.com
An online school teaching football history.

FLA Podcast: https://www.football-learning-academy.com/pages/podcast
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

This was his address as of 2014.

Rupert Patrick
1409 Roper Mountain Road Apt 214
Greenville SC 29615
George Bozeka

Post by George Bozeka »

Very sad news. Rupert was a great guy who had a tremendous passion for pro football research. He will be missed.
vikingsfan1963

Post by vikingsfan1963 »

Sorry to learn of this. I always knew when I saw his name in a thread that it was going to be valuable information from him. RIP
James

Rupert Patrick

Post by James »

Oh my god. Just saw this. Shocked, stunned, etc. I only knew Rupert from this board, but he was so kind, knowledgeable, and willing to share any and all information one was looking for. I was hoping on meeting him, one day. He will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

R.I.P. my friend.

James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash!