Rupert Patrick

Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Rupert Patrick

Post by Ken Crippen »

It is with a heavy heart that I am relaying a message from Rupert Patrick's sister. Rupert passed away late December 26 from a heart attack. For those who did not know Rupert, he was a long-time PFRA member and contributor, and was a regular at the PFRA conventions. He will be missed.

If people are moved to make donations to charity in his memory, the family has said that they have supported the American Cancer Society for years as several family members have been afflicted.
Football Learning Academy: https://www.football-learning-academy.com
An online school teaching football history.

FLA Podcast: https://www.football-learning-academy.com/pages/podcast
JWL

Re: Rupert Patrick

Post by JWL »

That is very sad news. Rupert was extremely passionate about football and stats and stuff and maybe posted more words on this forum than anyone. It was nice to have spoken to him at a couple of the PFRA conventions. Hopefully, the book he had been working on will still be released even if it may not be complete.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Passing along sincere condolences
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

This saddens me greatly.
I had very much looked forward to meeting Rupert at this year's convention.

Rest in peace, Rupert.
And thank you so very much for all the knowledge and kindness you have shared over the years.
Your contribution here will always be remembered by me and the many others you have touched.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Ken Crippen wrote:It is with a heavy heart that I am relaying a message from Rupert Patrick's sister. Rupert passed away late December 26 from a heart attack. For those who did not know Rupert, he was a long-time PFRA member and contributor, and was a regular at the PFRA conventions. He will be missed.

If people are moved to make donations to charity in his memory, the family has said that they have supported the American Cancer Society for years as several family members have been afflicted.
Awful news. What a good guy.
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

Ken, thanks for letting us know, very sad news. I had a terrible feeling when I saw the subject. I only knew him from the board, but I always think of him when someone mentions comparing QBs across decades and sometimes search for his posts. All of his posts that I recall came across as impartial which is a nice quality in a researcher.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

His last post was close to 5pm on 12/26. The day he died
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

sheajets wrote:His last post was close to 5pm on 12/26. The day he died
I just saw that, too.
And ironically it was in 2019 obituaries...
http://www.profootballresearchers.com/f ... 660#p35660

PFRA till the end. What a trooper...
Oszuscik

Post by Oszuscik »

Terrible, terrible, terrible news. Very floored and saddened right now.

I'm new here, I've never had the pleasure of meeting Rupert, but he was very generous and kind to me. Since I've joined I've had all sorts of questions regarding the research he's done over the years, and via e-mail he always responded to every message and answered every question. After our initial correspondence, and without being asked to, he'd forward me any new Packers gamebooks he'd receive just because he knew I was interested. I'm not writing a book, I'm not doing anything, I'm just a fan, yet he was always very generous with his time.

Just very sad news.
Saban1

Post by Saban1 »

Very sorry to hear that.