Best Left-Handed QBs in NFL History?

rhickok1109

Re: Best Left-Handed QBs in NFL History?

Post by rhickok1109 »

Of course, the subject is the best. I'd take Young, with Albert second and Stabler third.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

rhickok1109 wrote:Of course, the subject is the best. I'd take Young, with Albert second and Stabler third.
Must be something about the Bay Area. ;)
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

Rupert Patrick wrote:Boomer Esiason was pretty good too. Young may have had the best stats, but a lot of that may have been due to the fact he succeeded Joe Montana in SF and walked into a system that was designed for a QB like him with a great staff and roster, and if was really so great, why couldn't he do anything in Tampa Bay?. However, if I had to win one game and had to choose a southpaw, I'd go with Stabler, and that's an easy choice. Stabler was one of those QB's that no matter how far he was down, you always had the feeling he would come back and win.
Take it from a lifelong fan. It's impossible to play effective quarterback in Tampa Bay, and it always will be. It's also impossible to call Young a system QB when his adjusted passer rating is one of the 3 highest in history (you'd know Rupert), higher even than that of one Joe Montana. If I'm picking an all-lefty team, Steve is undoubtedly my QB, and I'd hope everyone would say the same.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Wendell02 wrote:
How about left-footed kickers? I can think of Lou Michaels, Garo Yepremian, Morten Andersen and Sebastian Janikowski. I'm sure there are others.
John Kasay, David Akers, John Smith and Rich Szaro off the top of my head.