2019 NFL Season Discussion Thread

sheajets

Re: 2019 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Post by sheajets »

And only 1 undefeated remains. The 49ers. Who saw that coming.

Baltimore smacked down New England yesterday but as they often do...Patriots will bounce back. They beat good teams, they beat bad teams...but they have been fed so many bad teams this year N.E. almost forgot what a good team looks like it seems

Adam Gase needs to be fired immediately and the Jets need to think about a QB in the 1st round this year. It's not an absolute must if they don't believe in any of these guys but...Darnold has been hideously regressing. Though unlike Sanchez, he has no offensive line. Zero. It's getting David Carr-ish for Darnold. And a lot of the team has checked out under Gase and now Adams is crying because Douglas picked up a call for trade offers for Adams :roll:

Mayfield is falling apart and the Browns are just a mess

Trubisky and the Bears...the D is legit. Trubisky is a substandard QB. They have no other receiver that can be relied upon aside from Robinson. Last year they were too early. This year you can see the timeline for their ascent back to real contender probably starts next year if they can finally get that offense respectable.

Andy Reid is brilliant. Matt Moore in an Andy Reid offense looks like a top 15 NFL qb
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

And credit the Steelers. From 0-3 and 1-4 and panic...they pulled it together. No Ben, No AB, No Bell. They are a great org top to bottom. Top notch when it comes to player personnel, next man up, disciplined, passionate, everyone on the same page. The Steelers make it happen somehow.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

sheajets wrote:And credit the Steelers. From 0-3 and 1-4 and panic...they pulled it together. No Ben, No AB, No Bell. They are a great org top to bottom. Top notch when it comes to player personnel, next man up, disciplined, passionate, everyone on the same page. The Steelers make it happen somehow.
I saw a story on the bottom screen tickers on ESPN or somewhere that Le'Veon Bell was looking to get out of New York and was actually entertaining a trade back to the Steelers? Was that true?
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
sheajets wrote:And credit the Steelers. From 0-3 and 1-4 and panic...they pulled it together. No Ben, No AB, No Bell. They are a great org top to bottom. Top notch when it comes to player personnel, next man up, disciplined, passionate, everyone on the same page. The Steelers make it happen somehow.
I saw a story on the bottom screen tickers on ESPN or somewhere that Le'Veon Bell was looking to get out of New York and was actually entertaining a trade back to the Steelers? Was that true?
Well Steelers were one of the teams that called the Jets regarding Bell. No serious offers were really made though. Not by Pitt. or anyone else
JWL

Post by JWL »

sheajets wrote:And only 1 undefeated remains. The 49ers. Who saw that coming.
Maybe not undefeated at this point but I picked them to make the playoffs.
JWL

Post by JWL »

Rupert Patrick wrote:I saw a story on the bottom screen tickers on ESPN or somewhere that Le'Veon Bell was looking to get out of New York and was actually entertaining a trade back to the Steelers? Was that true?
There is no evidence that Bell is trying to leave the Jets.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

JWL wrote:
Rupert Patrick wrote:I saw a story on the bottom screen tickers on ESPN or somewhere that Le'Veon Bell was looking to get out of New York and was actually entertaining a trade back to the Steelers? Was that true?
https://sportsnaut.com/2019/11/report-s ... er-injury/

I can't believe the Steelers would want him back after he held out and left them high and dry during the 2018 season.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

Pitt needs a RB. Conner is hurt, so is Snell. They may not feel Samuels can be a workhorse the rest of the way. Plus, Conner is injury prone and not as durable as the team had hoped.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

How about the awful questionable penalty calls in the Steelers/Colts game?

-Late hit by Leonard out-of-bounds;
-Flag on the tackle of Ryan Switzer on a punt return... he never signaled fair catch;
-Pass interference on Steve Nelson on Indy's final drive... the ball was way uncatchable;

:roll:

I'm sure there were a few more. These just quickly came to mind.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
JWL wrote:
https://sportsnaut.com/2019/11/report-s ... er-injury/

I can't believe the Steelers would want him back after he held out and left them high and dry during the 2018 season.
Welp...it's a business. And thaws happen...I wouldn't have been so shocked to see it go down