Titans
Jaguars
Colts

Patriots (2)
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

Super Bowl: Saints over Chargers
That would be nice. Would like to see Rivers make it to one finally...though it will likely be his one and only Super Bowl appearance as a starter
sheajets

Re: 2019 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Post by sheajets »

I really loathe the holdout culture that's really permeated the NFL. I understand it, but I loathe it

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/275 ... -extension

The Dallas Cowboys and Ezekiel Elliott have come to terms on a six-year, $90 million contract extension, a source told ESPN on Wednesday.

The deal has $50 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Ed Werder, surpassing Todd Gurley's $45 million as the most for an NFL running back. Elliott, 24, was under contract through 2020 and was set to make $3.853 million in 2019 and $9.09 million on the fifth-year option in 2020, making his total compensation through 2026 more than $100 million, which makes him the highest-paid running back in NFL history.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones confirmed on CNBC that Elliott had agreed to a deal Wednesday morning, and the team posted a picture of the running back signing his contract on social media.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Football finally returns tonight, and life begins again

Though I'd rather be Sunday. I thought I'd get used to these Thursday night openers...but I can't and won't. NFL season should always kick off on a warm Sunday in September at 1pm sharp. Don't need any sort of pop bands involved either for pregame concerts. Big zzzzz to those
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

sheajets wrote:I really loathe the holdout culture that's really permeated the NFL. I understand it, but I loathe it

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/275 ... -extension

The Dallas Cowboys and Ezekiel Elliott have come to terms on a six-year, $90 million contract extension, a source told ESPN on Wednesday.

The deal has $50 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Ed Werder, surpassing Todd Gurley's $45 million as the most for an NFL running back. Elliott, 24, was under contract through 2020 and was set to make $3.853 million in 2019 and $9.09 million on the fifth-year option in 2020, making his total compensation through 2026 more than $100 million, which makes him the highest-paid running back in NFL history.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones confirmed on CNBC that Elliott had agreed to a deal Wednesday morning, and the team posted a picture of the running back signing his contract on social media.
Yeah these guys who are already millionaires holding out like that is pretty crazy. But I do understand why Zeke would do something like that. RB's have a small window where they can make that kind of money so they need to strike when the iron is hot really more than any other position. If Zeke waited until his contract was up to take a stand he would have already been in the league for five years and about ready to start declining (or already would be declining) and the Cowboys probably would rather let him go then pay a running back already in his late twenties that kind of money.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Rupert Patrick wrote:August 19th post:

1 - I think the Antonio Brown soap opera is going to sink the Raiders season, not that they were going to get past the Chiefs and Chargers to begin with. Antonio seems to have become incredibly high maintenance during training camp, and will be testing Jon Gruden's patience before long, Gruden is one guy whose temper I wouldn't want to see up close.
Antonio Brown has been suspended by the Raiders, and ESPN is saying that they could release him on or before Saturday and, if I understood them correctly, would not have to pay him a penny of his guaranteed salary if they part company with him. I think there is a good chance the Raiders get away from Brown and tries to salvage the 2019 season.

GM Mike Mayock was correct in docking Brown for his salary for the time he missed during the preseason when he fighting the league over the helmet issue. The team has rules, and Brown is not bigger than the team.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

A lot of people are going to dump on this game...I didn't hate it. Yes there is going to be some issues with chemistry when you have such toned down training camps and super careful pre seasons (with some players being held out completely). But credit both defenses for playing very well.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

sheajets wrote:A lot of people are going to dump on this game...I didn't hate it. Yes there is going to be some issues with chemistry when you have such toned down training camps and super careful pre seasons (with some players being held out completely). But credit both defenses for playing very well.
No matter how good the Bears defense is they are never going to go very far in the playoffs with that quarterback.