Jack Whitaker Tribute

Andy Piascik

Jack Whitaker Tribute

Post by Andy Piascik »

Eagle One posted on the obituary page that Jack Whitaker passed away Sunday at 95. I'm biased because I grew up in the New York area in the 1960s when Whitaker was doing Giants games on CBS-TV but I put him in the pantheon of all-time pro football broadcasters, along with Ray Scott and Pat Summerall. In my opinion, he was also the best of the NFL GOTW narrators during that time. I was never one to watch golf or horse racing but he also earned lots of accolades for his work in the sports.
BD Sullivan

Re: Jack Whitaker Tribute

Post by BD Sullivan »

Andy Piascik wrote:Eagle One posted on the obituary page that Jack Whitaker passed away Sunday at 95. I'm biased because I grew up in the New York area in the 1960s when Whitaker was doing Giants games on CBS-TV but I put him in the pantheon of all-time pro football broadcasters, along with Ray Scott and Pat Summerall. In my opinion, he was also the best of the NFL GOTW narrators during that time. I was never one to watch golf or horse racing but he also earned lots of accolades for his work in the sports.
Unless you count the Masters. :)