Kyler Murray and the Clap

Rupert Patrick

Kyler Murray and the Clap

Post by Rupert Patrick »

I watched the Raiders-Cardinals game; a few observations:

Kyler Murray has a long way to go before he's an NFL calibre QB, in my opinion. He may develop into one, he may not, but I think his size will work against him. He didn't impress me at all this evening. Perhaps we've become too used to QB's who come into the league as high draft picks and they're ready to take on the NFL from day one, but I think Murray looked the worst of all the Cardinals QB's I've seen this evening. It's going to take him at least a season to adapt to the NFL but I think he might be better suited to be a RB than a QB, and the Cardinals are going to have definite growing pains this season.

I think this hand clap instead of a hut to snap the ball thing that Kingsbury was doing in college and is trying to bring to the pros is not going to work. Murray was called twice for a false start on his first drive of the game; I don't think I've ever seen a QB ever called for a false start before. I just think the mechanics of just clapping the hands and not moving any other part of the body is difficult to do without drawing a false start penalty, and people on the opposing sidelines will find a way to disrupt that with clapping or something.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
sheajets

Re: Kyler Murray and the Clap

Post by sheajets »

Well Oklahoma was the ideal program for him to look like a world beater. Now he does have a very good arm working for him but red flags abound. He has trouble seeing and making reads to the middle of the field. Footwork is not very good. He didn't test particularly well or interview well...so you wonder if he's cut out to be a leader of men. He stares down receivers as well

He can definitely get there but it's going to take some maturing and some system molding around his strengths to get him to be good
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Shame on those who thought he had acquired a social disease. :D
JWL

Post by JWL »

Rupert Patrick wrote:...I don't think I've ever seen a QB ever called for a false start before.
It definitely happens. I didn't have any off the top of my head so I went looking at 2018 penalty reports. I see Derek Carr was flagged for a false start in Week 1.