Behind the scenes tour of Texas Stadium prior to its opening

lastcat3

Behind the scenes tour of Texas Stadium prior to its opening

Post by lastcat3 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEC7i26CcGc

Really cool find I found while roaming around on youtube. I started off just looking at videos of the new Cowboys Stadium that people had put on their social media accounts while they were going on a tour. Then I decided to see if I could find one from Texas Stadium. I found a couple but they were all very short (generally like thirty seconds or less) and all from about the 2007-2008 time period.

But then I found this one that was done all the way back in 1971 in the week prior to the first game there. Very cool that this would have been saved for all these years. Of course it still seems to be something done for the news and wasn't done by a tourist but still really cool that something like this would have been saved in a day when stations didn't even care to save the film of actual games.
lastcat3

Re: Behind the scenes tour of Texas Stadium prior to its ope

Post by lastcat3 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsfG6kRNahU

Here is another one of an interview with Roger Staubach right after his fight with Longley.

There are lots of other videos that the channel has but only a handful of them have anything to do with the Cowboys or sports in general. If you like seeing old videos from the late '60's/early /70's in general though it would be an interesting site to check out.

The youtube channel is called SMU Jones Film.
sheajets

Re: Behind the scenes tour of Texas Stadium prior to its ope

Post by sheajets »

To me Texas Stadium was a bit underwhelming for the state it was in where I expect things to be bigger, bolder. The hole in the roof allowing the elements in onto the field but keeping the fans under the canopy was cool though. Still I think it should've been more Astrodome and less like a cousin of the Hoosier Dome