PFRA Websites Update

TodMaher

PFRA Websites Update

Post by TodMaher »

If you have any pages on either of the PFRA websites (.org or .com) bookmarked - with exception of the front page and the Forum - that end in .htm you should change those links to end in .html as those old pages are being replaced by new, re-designed pages ending in .html. This is part of the new, ongoing redesign and upgrade of the PFRA websites.
RyanChristiansen

Re: PFRA Websites Update

Post by RyanChristiansen »

I see that it's loading faster now, which is great, but what about the visual aspects? Until recently, the web site looked like it belonged to a living, breathing organization, but gone are the pictures of the members getting together at conventions and gone is the scroll of past issues of Coffin Corner. I assume it's in transition, but what are the goals of the update?
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

RyanChristiansen wrote:I see that it's loading faster now, which is great, but what about the visual aspects? Until recently, the web site looked like it belonged to a living, breathing organization, but gone are the pictures of the members getting together at conventions and gone is the scroll of past issues of Coffin Corner. I assume it's in transition, but what are the goals of the update?
The number one goal was to get the site properly function. The old site had so many broken links I lost count.
The number two goal was to make the site viewable on no-desktop devices. In 2018, 58% of internet traffic was on mobile devices.
The number three goal is to update and add content. It has been fully announced yet - because it's still in progress - but thanks to the Herculean efforts of Rupert Patrick the gamebooks holdings of PFRA have made a dramatic improvement in quality and quantity. Check out the Members Only section for updates.
The visual stuff will come next.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

TodMaher wrote:
RyanChristiansen wrote:I see that it's loading faster now, which is great, but what about the visual aspects? Until recently, the web site looked like it belonged to a living, breathing organization, but gone are the pictures of the members getting together at conventions and gone is the scroll of past issues of Coffin Corner. I assume it's in transition, but what are the goals of the update?
The number one goal was to get the site properly function. The old site had so many broken links I lost count.
The number two goal was to make the site viewable on no-desktop devices. In 2018, 58% of internet traffic was on mobile devices.
The number three goal is to update and add content. It has been fully announced yet - because it's still in progress - but thanks to the Herculean efforts of Rupert Patrick the gamebooks holdings of PFRA have made a dramatic improvement in quality and quantity. Check out the Members Only section for updates.
The visual stuff will come next.
I'm currently sending Tod the updates to the PFRA seasonal game book zip files, and they'll go back to 1960. From there, everything else I have will go up there I guess, and I have play by play documents going back to 1933.
Last edited by Rupert Patrick on Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Thanks, guys (and Ken and whomever else is loaning skills and time to the project).
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

From https://www.chiefs.com/mediainformation/:
Login: chiefsmedia
Password: chiefs
jmvillelabeitia

Post by jmvillelabeitia »

I was looking for an ole article that was published in the Coffin Corner. Believe it was in the first 80’s, but just found out that the links to the articles of 1979-1980-1981 are not currently working.
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

jmvillelabeitia wrote:I was looking for an ole article that was published in the Coffin Corner. Believe it was in the first 80’s, but just found out that the links to the articles of 1979-1980-1981 are not currently working.
Oops!
You should be able to see those pages now.
RyanChristiansen

Post by RyanChristiansen »

TodMaher wrote:The number one goal was to get the site properly function. The old site had so many broken links I lost count.
Yes, the better mobile viewing experience was something I noticed right away. Good work on this, and thanks!
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Falcons NFLOMG login:

username: falconsguest
password: brotherhood18
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen