Random NFL tidbits/stats that you find interesting...

Sonny9

Re: Random NFL tidbits/stats that you find interesting...

Post by Sonny9 »

George Allen was the H of F coach after Austin
superbowlfanatic

Post by superbowlfanatic »

Sonny9 wrote:George Allen was the H of F coach after Austin
Yes - I stand corrected - Thanks.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Gary Kubiak, Charlie Batch, Steve Beurlein, Brooks Bollinger, George Grosvenor, and Donald Hollas are all quarterbacks who have been credited for leading a fourth-quarter comeback in games in which they did not attempt a single pass.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

There were only two tie games in the NFL during the decade of the 1990s... and they occurred in back to back weeks.
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

From 1945-50 two ends in the NFL compiled these statistics:

1st Guy: 164 receptions, 2796 yards, 17.0 average, 30 TD (per season that's 27 rec, 466 yds, 5 TD)
2nd Guy: 175 receptions, 2965 yards, 16.9 average, 26 TD (per season that's 29 rec, 494 yds, 4 TD)

Besides those very similar numbers, a couple other similarities:

The first guy missed one game during that time; the second never missed one.

Each guy also played every game in 1944, but must have been used mainly on defense, because they hardly caught any passes.

On the other hand, the first guy, who played on contending teams every year, got all-pro mention a couple of times; the second guy, who played on also-rans, never got any honors.

Another difference between them: The second guy played at a well-known football factory; the first never played in college, but got his start in pro football with a top-notch minor league team.

I was planning to include their names, but now that I think of it, some of you would probably to figure them out for yourself, so I'll stop there.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

ChrisBabcock wrote:There were only two tie games in the NFL during the decade of the 1990s... and they occurred in back to back weeks.
Other than the Jags who are still one of the youngest franchises, the team that has gone the longest since their last tie is the Patriots. They last played a tie game in 1967. 55 years
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

The 1993 Colts went 4-12... which is not that odd or interesting. But what is odd is that 3 of those 4 wins we're by the score of 9-6.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

The last time a field goal attempt of less than 20 yards was missed in an NFL game was Dec. 29, 2002, when a 19-yard try by Houston’s Kris Brown was blocked by Tennessee’s Tank Williams.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

During the last decade of his career, Earl Morrall was 33-4-1 (.892) as a starter.
PA Wingman

Post by PA Wingman »

Bob Gill wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:38 pm From 1945-50 two ends in the NFL compiled these statistics:

1st Guy: 164 receptions, 2796 yards, 17.0 average, 30 TD (per season that's 27 rec, 466 yds, 5 TD)
2nd Guy: 175 receptions, 2965 yards, 16.9 average, 26 TD (per season that's 29 rec, 494 yds, 4 TD)

Besides those very similar numbers, a couple other similarities:

The first guy missed one game during that time; the second never missed one.

Each guy also played every game in 1944, but must have been used mainly on defense, because they hardly caught any passes.

On the other hand, the first guy, who played on contending teams every year, got all-pro mention a couple of times; the second guy, who played on also-rans, never got any honors.

Another difference between them: The second guy played at a well-known football factory; the first never played in college, but got his start in pro football with a top-notch minor league team.

I was planning to include their names, but now that I think of it, some of you would probably to figure them out for yourself, so I'll stop there.
1st guy: Jack Farante Eagles
2nd guy: John Greene Lions